The Susan Moore Farm is a turn-key property ideal for true country living with hunting, fishing, gardening, and even livestock or horses in your backyard! This meticulously maintained 40 acre listing features the perfect mix of terrain including gently rolling hills, open fields, and beautiful hardwoods.
This charming homestead is located in the coveted Susan Moore community (Blount County, Alabama) – a small, residential town just north of the City of Oneonta known for its picturesque family farms and small family businesses. It offers the simplicity of rural life at its finest yet is close to the modern amenities of Gadsden and Birmingham.
The Susan Moore Farm has a long driveway leading to a brick home with an open living area and a full basement. The expansive yard is donned with mature oaks, a hay field, and a big open area perfect for planting vegetables, raising cows, or having horses. There is also a partially fenced field across the road (LeCroy Drive) that is included in this listing. The well-built metal barn is perfect for the country lifestyle as it is large enough to accommodate farm equipment, trailers, feed, hay, etc. The open extensions on each side would make a prime area for field dressing deer. In fact, you could easily install a walk-in cooler and processing equipment on site since it’s fully powered. There are water lines to the barn which would be great for transforming it into a horse stable or cleaning your bream and bass after a long day at the pond that is nestled into the backend of the property through the wooded trail (mix of hardwood and pine).
- Whitetail deer hunting
- agricultural opportunity
- livestock and/or horse areas
- ⅔ rd of property mixed hardwood and pines
- ⅓ rd of property open fields
- 1 +/- acre pond, natural fish stock
- brick home with open living area
- vintage wooden cabinets (no-show hardware)
- full basement with toilet & sink
- 2 bedrooms and 2 huge bathrooms on main level
- front porch
- Utilities include power, propane, and county water
- New electric water heater
- Outside large sturdy barn for storage (fully powered)
- partial fencing
- long concrete driveway
- 40 +/- acre land parcel
- 16 +/- minutes northeast of Oneonta
- 38 +/- minutes southwest of Gadsden
- 40 +/- minutes southeast of Cullman
- 60 +/- minutes northeast of Birmingham
- 60 +/- minutes south of Huntsville
- 2 hours & 15 minutes north of Montgomery
- 2.5 +/- hours west of Atlanta
Give me a call today at 205-837-4466 to learn more about this property or to schedule your private tour.
ADDRESS: 961 LeCroy Drive, Altoona, AL 35952
Click here to see more land for sale