About Eddie Stone
I am a leading Land REALTOR with Great Southern Land, specializing in helping people buy and sell land in Alabama:
Skills and Experience
– Multi-million-dollar producer in the 15 counties surrounding the Birmingham Metro Area
– 30+ years’ experience in the land and timber business, use this extensive knowledge to quantify all the features of a property often missed by an untrained eye
– Master’s Degree in Forest Business from Mississippi State University in 1988, 3.8 GPA. Approximately one third of his classes were MBA courses. The remaining curriculum emphasized the use of econometric and statistical modeling in the field of forestry.
– Expert mapmaking skills – GPS, ArcMap and 3D Technology
– Full tool box of marketing strategies:
1. Strong online presence with thousands of views across multiple global websites and the ability to report the search/click history to clients
2. Monthly Eblast Newsletter
3. Drone photography including LiDAR
4. Social media: Instagram, Facebook, Google My Business
6. Skilled photographer and videographer
While attending forestry school and immediately following, Worked in the forest industry in the corporate sector in procurement, land management, and IT where I became an expert in land management, maximizing the biological growth of timber, determining the value of a timber tract, and maximizing its full potential for the landowner.
In 1999, founded Forever Green, Inc.; a forestry consulting company that quickly became a leader in the local timber business. I use my vast experience to provide professional forest management services to the forest landowners of Alabama. Click here to learn more. When landowners choose to sell their property, I utilize this experience to map and profile the unique features of their property to market and show property to yield the highest value.
In 2001 I obtained a real estate license and joined Great Southern Land as a Land REALTOR to further serve my clients’ needs and providing full-scale, exceptional service. Working with both sellers and buyers, my list of clients includes: Fortune 500 companies, large family partnerships/estates, and private landowners. Facilitated the sales of the following types of property: timberland, recreational/hunting, caves, pasture/farms, commercial, riverfront on the Locust Fork and Mulberry Fork of the Warrior River, large tracts and lots on Smith Lake, Logan Martin, and Neely Henry.
I’ve also worked as a Contractual Conservation Planner for the Georgia Alabama Land Trust preparing Conservation Easement Baseline Documentation Reports which includes technical writing, field inspections, GPS documentation, and GIS map preparation.
My forestry expertise, coupled with being a successful land REALTOR, has made me uniquely qualified to help clients navigate all aspects of buying and selling land. Click here to see my listings.